Monday, April 26, 2010

It's 2:30am on a Tuesday. What else is new?

Flight booked? Check
Traveler's insurance? Check
Chat with a psu alum on the customer service line at 2am? Check

I feel so accomplished. Yeah, there's a whole lot left to do (new macro lens attachment, anyone?) and loose ends to tie up (how am I getting to JFK aiport from Philadelphia?), I'm pretty pumped. Some of the biggest steps are out of the way, now I just need to get my visa and finish up my final exams and get out of State College.

I still can't believe how fortunate I was with all of the funding I was able to collect. Last week, I was coming to the point where I wondered if I'd be able to travel at all, and then in the course of a few short days all of this money started to tumble in. Is this really the way the world works? As cool as it is, it's enough to give a person a heart attack with all of the anticipation!

Before I forget, I found a really sweet article in the NY Times dining section about a Ghanaian place that has some pretty sweet deals, if you're in the Bronx any time soon. It's called Papaye, and they've got all the staples, like fufu, palaver sauce, banku. It also comes with high praise from the managers of the two local African markets. If the Times sees fit to publish something about Ghanaian cuisine, maybe the rest of the foodie in-crowd will start to pay attention. Well, the real insiders already know just how delicious the food is.

http://events.nytimes.com/2010/02/10/dining/reviews/10unde.html
How good does that all look? I know, it looks fantastic.

More to come when I'm more rested.

No comments:

Post a Comment